Crakmedia Network is a company specialized in multimedia and e-commerce based in Québec City’s downtown (New St-Roch). Our main activities are contextual advertising and adult entertainment. Our young and very dynamic team numbers 40 employees and, as it is constantly growing, we are looking for new talents to complete it. Our company will offer you an unparalleled job atmosphere and a multicultural environment in very pleasant surroundings located in the middle of downtown. It is a far cry from the huge computer-related concerns where you’re only a number subjected to constant pressure; you will be part of a unique experience and a tightly woven team where there is abundant room for creativity and training.
If you are a person who thrives on new technologies, if you love to create, innovate and work as part of a team and if adult entertainment does not offend you, this job should be a delight for you. Under the supervision of the technical operations manager, you will be assigned to the maintenance of the local network, workstations and local servers.
- Installing, maintaining, fixing and managing the use of LAN and WAN for the local workstations.
- Installing, maintaining, fixing, managing and optimizing the network, equipment and local servers’ applications.
- Servers’ assembly and refreshing, wiring, practice management, moving servers and first level material support.
- Monitoring the performance and stability of the network, servers, services and applications on the local servers.
- Installing customers’ applications and insuring printers’ correct functioning, from paper to ink cartridges.
- Carrying out backups and recuperations from disasters as well as changing tapes and disks.
- Maintaining a methodology for the safety and monitoring of the network, servers and server applications.
- Providing support to the users of the local network and workstations.
- Documenting the local environment.
- Supplying regular reports (Audits) on the performance of our servers and services.
- Suggesting solutions and ideas for the improvement of performances.
- Mandatory – Mastering the Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 and Active Directory platforms
- Mandatory – Excellent working knowledge of Linux, MySQL and Apache/NGinx
- Important - Knowledge of Centos/RedHat distribution
- Important - Knowledge of the following concepts: NAS, Firewall, VPN, DNS, FTP, HTTP, SSH, network security, Drivers and Monitoring.
- Important – Knowledge of Puppet
- Important - RHCSA certification
- Asset - Experience with Perl and Python scripting
- Asset - Good networking knowledge
Benefits for our employees
- Mandatory - Relevant training for the job
- Mandatory - 2 years’ experience
- Important - Ability to work on several projects at the same time within time limits that are often short
- Important - Ability for evaluating the time needed for each project
- Important - Excellent aptitudes for teamwork
- Important - Creativity and attention to outstanding details
- Important - Excellent organizational skills
- Important - Excellent proactivity
- Important - Excellent aptitudes to clearly document one’s work
- Competitive salaries based on experience and prevailing rates
- Quarterly bonus based on the company’s performance
- Group insurance with 50% paid by the company
All applications will be treated objectively and confidentially.
Concrete examples of realizations will be requested.
We will communicate only with applicants selected at the initial screening.
The position is open to both women and men.
Thanks for sending your curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org